Helpful Tips to Keep Your Storage Unit Clean
Published on 8/12/2020
Think about it, is it really worth renting a storage unit to store your keepsakes if they are going to get ruined from dust, water, or bugs anyway? No matter how fancy of a facility you rent from, it's still important to keep things clean to avoid any unwanted damage. Here are some easy tips to keep your storage unit clean.
- PURGE. Keep, Discard, Donate? If you're going to clean, it only makes sense to get rid of things that you no longer need. Donating items is a great way to help other people instead of just taking it to the local solid waste facility.
- Wrap. In order to keep dust or insects from getting into your stuff, get industrial plastic wrap. This way, you know some of your more valuable items are safe.
- Label. If you are going to be keeping items that you will need constant access to, it is a smart idea to label everything. This will help you know exactly where everything is and keeps you from making a mess every time you enter your unit to search for something.
- Use plastic boxes in lieu of cardboard. Three words, soggy cardboard boxes. Rain, moisture, or humidity can cause boxes to get wet and over time, the bottom might rip out. Cloth and items inside cardboard boxes have a greater chance of getting ruined even grow mold than those items in a plastic box.
- NO FOOD. Bringing food into your storage unit is just asking for ants, rats, and all kinds of pests. It can cause things to stink as well.
- Stay on top of pests. You can buy a 1.5 gallon container of bug spray for $12 at Lowes/Home Depot. If would be a smart idea to keep this is your unit and so each time you visit you can just spray the perimeter to create a barrier so bugs will stay out of your unit.
You rented a self-storage unit to keep your valuables safe and in good shape. These storage tips can help you be able to maintain your valuables in good and organized shape for years to come. If you are interested in getting additional information about renting a self-storage unit int Thomasville,GA., make sure to call (229)225-9550 or go to the "Rent Storage
" tab on this page.